Chicken and Mushrooms with Lemon White Wine Sauce


This is my version of a chicken dish that is served at one of my favorite restaurants in Springfield - Metropolitan Grill. I think I did a pretty good job of recreating it without having a recipe! My family enjoyed it, and it really did taste just like the dish at the restaurant. Because I kind of experimented as I cooked, the amounts may not be exact. Feel free to tweak it to make it work for you. :)


Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 T parsley
1 T thyme leaves
1/2 cup parmesean cheese
1 pkg whole fresh mushrooms
olive oil

4 T butter (use real butter, not margarine)
1/2 cup white wine
juice from one lemon
4 T minced garlic


Directions:


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, and parmesean cheese together in small bowl. Put milk in a separate bowl. Bread the chicken cubes by dipping them first in milk, then coating them in the breadcrumb mixture.

In a large skillet, brown chicken in about 1 to 2 T of olive oil. Transfer to foil covered baking sheet and bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes, until chicken is done.

While chicken is baking, deglaze pan with wine. Add minced garlic and let simmer. Wisk in lemon juice. Wisk in butter. Add mushrooms and cover to cook. You can add salt to taste.

When chicken is cooked through, return to sauce and mushrooms in pan.

Can be served alone or on rice or pasta.

3 comments:

Connie said...

That sounds divine!!

I love recreating favorite recipes from restaurants! It is a great challenge.

Lanny said...

This sounds delicious!

Shawnee said...

Oh yummy. I've got some chicken to use so here we go!