Menu Plan Monday

Happy Mother's Day! I had a wonderful day at home with my family - a rarity in our household these days. My hubby surprised me by purchasing our new car early! We had been planning to sell my 2001 Accord this summer and replace it with a newer model Honda Civic (better gas mileage for my 35 mile daily commute to school). Well, the people who wanted to buy our car were ready to go, and we found a great deal on a 2007 Honda Civic (it was even the color I wanted - silver!). So, that was a very nice Mother's Day treat. :)

I can tell it is nearing the end of school. Our evenings are becoming increasingly busy with various activities. This week is crammed full each night - scouts, computer trainings, junior high honors night, confirmation class, and a band concert! We were unable to do our camping trip this weekend due to very stormy weather (lots of tornados hit the area - luckily not at our house). We hope to reschedule it for next weekend. Because of the busy schedule, we have to go into "emergency dinner mode" in order to keep ourselves from eating out every night. So, here's our rather simple menu for the week. And yes, we are eating the other box of not-so-healthy cereal this week for breakfast.

If I get a chance, I will try to post some fun camping recipes. For other menu ideas, check out orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Filets, Foil-pack potatoes, Green Beans
Monday - Eat at computer training (boys eat leftover filets before going to scouts)
Tuesday - Spaghetti (hubby will bring to school and we will eat in my library before honors night)
Wednesday - Chili (already made and in freezer)
Thursday - Chicken Tortilla soup (hubby will bring to school and we will eat in my library before band concert)
Friday - camping
Saturday - camping

3 comments:

debhmom3 said...

Goodness I got tired just looking at your week! :) Congrats on your new car! Enjoy it!

Nicole said...

Wow! What a busy week! Enjoy camping- sounds fun!

Heather said...

wow sounds like a busy week. hope you have a good one.