Butter Pecan Coconut Cake


Don't let the title of this cake fool you. I personally don't care for desserts with nuts or coconut, so if I read the title, I probably wouldn't even try this cake. But, my friend Debbie made it for our church book club this month, and it was awesome! My husband described it as "blondies in cake form", which is a pretty good description. It doesn't have any nuts in it, and the coconut part comes from the pudding. It is a moist, flavorful cake. I think next time I make it, I'm going to add a bit of Amaretto to it. :)

Ingredients:
1 box butter pecan cake mix
1 3 oz box coconut cream pudding mix
4 eggs
¾ cup oil (I use ¼ cup oil and ½ cup applesauce)
1 cup hot water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Mix all ingredients together in mixer for about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in oven for 45 minutes or until center is set.

0 comments: