Menu Plan Monday












Yes, I missed a week of posting my menu last week. Yes, I know it's the first time I've missed in two years. Yes, I feel like a loser. But, I'm back! Last week just got too overwhelming for me. I had to present at the Missouri state library conference so I was gone from Saturday through Tuesday. On top of that, my son had a band contest, a band concert, a track meet, and state math contest in Columbia this weekend. It was a tough week, and yes, we had to eat out a lot because of no meal planning and pre-preparation that week. Even though I felt like a huge slacker, it was a great reminder to me why I always meal plan and pre-cook on the weekends. :)

This week is still full of activities, but that's what makes life interesting, right? Today are going to a friend's son's baptism and then I'm going to another friend's home party. Corey's last track meet is Monday, I teach a computer workshop on Tuesday and Corey has foreign language contest, I have three days of eMINTS trainings to teach this week, Eric's 40th birthday is Thursday, and Corey has state solo and ensemble contest in Columbia this weekend. So, we pretty much have something extra going on each night this week. This means that meal planning and pre-cooking on Sunday is essential if we want to avoid eating out every night. There are a couple of nights we won't have a choice, but I think I have a plan that will work so we only have to eat out twice.

Now that you know more than you ever wanted about my weekly schedule (I share it because I think it's important to see that even though we are all very busy, menu planning can still be accomplished!), here's the menu for the week. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Have a fabulous week!

Sunday - Chick-Be-Quicks, Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries
Monday - Eat out
Tuesday - Potato Pizza (precooked on Sunday), Salad
Wednesday - Grilled turkey brats, Baked beans, Salad, Peaches
Thursday - Spaghetti with Meatballs (sauce and meatballs made on Sunday), Salad, Crescent Rolls, Chocolate Chip Pound Cake (for Eric's 40th birthday)
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Eat out (Corey state band)

3 comments:

Karissa said...

I have looked at your menus for the past month now and just realized you were in Missouri...so am I :)

The Chocolate Chip Pound Cake looks amazing!! Can't wait to try it!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! We all have to have some time to step away for a bit when we get overwhelmed.

The pound cake sounds absolutely delish!!

Have a great Monday!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the meal planning inspiration. I appreciate the kitchen pick-me-up as the school year nears a close. We especially enjoyed the Crockpot Golden Mushroom Chops. The Taco Bake is in the oven as I type. Just wanted to send my thanks for your time and effort. :)