What's for Dinner Menu Plan

March definitely came in like a lion in Southwest Missouri. Saturday was actually a beautiful day, with a high of 53. Starting on Saturday night, we had thunder sleet (yes, there really is such a thing) until early Sunday morning, and then continued to have sleet all day, giving us about 3 inches of sleet cover on the ground. Sunday night, a huge band of snow came through, adding about 6 inches of snow on top, which then blew and drifted all over the place. Crazy! So, I am now at snow day #14 for the school year. At least I will have plenty of time to cook today. :)

This is a view just out of our neighborhood that my husband took on his way to work.

This is the view out my back door.


I have a new pasta recipe I'm trying today (Mom, this would work for your meatless Friday - I do meatless on Monday). We'll see how it goes. Luckily, I have leftovers in the fridge from last night if it turns out bad. ;)

Here's what I have on the menu this week. I'm not going to list it by days, especially since this snow could mess with my schedule. Look at last week's post to see my general weekly plan based on main entree. I don't have a pork night listed this week because of the amount of leftovers that will be created by the other dishes. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. 


Beef - Brisket with Burgundy Sauce, Broccoli, Salad 

Meatless - Orzo Mac and Cheese with Fire Roasted Tomatoes (new), Salad, Strawberries


Chicken - Creamy Swiss Chicken Breasts (didn't get to it last week because of an unexpected event), Rice, Green Beans, Salad

Fish - Grilled Mahi Mahi (yes, I'm really going to cook it this time), Brussels Sprouts, Salad, Fruit


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

 

3 comments:

Hilary's Corner said...

So you got the storm also..We got about 5 inches of snow saturday.Still all here and bitterly cold..I can't wait for it to melt and get warmer!

I like the sounds of the orzo mac and cheese,I love orzo but never know what to do with it!

Hope you are staying warm!

Unknown said...

Your meals look great! And you have so much snow! I used to live in Michigan, and I remember having that much in the winter, too, and struggling to get to work/university. I live in the Netherlands now, and we had snow once. It didn't stick either. My husband was panicking all night that it was snowing because we simply don't have a car for that kind of weather. A lot of people here don't know what to do if it snows. I love it though, for the first few days at least.

Ordinary Girl Extraordinary life said...

I pinned your recipe for the Swiss chicken (it looks amazing). Thanks so much for sharing!