Tuna Noodle Casserole



I don't really have a fancy recipe for this casserole. It's something I cook when I'm really desperate because of time, and my family loves it. So, here's what I do:

8 oz. Ronzoni Smart Taste Elbow Macaroni
1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cans tuna in water
1/3 cup skim milk
3 oz. reduced fat 2 % milk sharp cheddar cheese

Cook noodles. Drain them and mix them with a can of cream of chicken soup, 1/3 cup of milk, and two cans of tuna (drained). Pour into a glass baking dish. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese (I use cheddar). Put in the microwave for about 3 minutes to melt the cheese. That's it! Pretty easy, huh!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Instead of microwave , I drained the noodles,and then mixed the soup/cheese/etc in the pan,and cooked it on stove on low,just to heat the soup through and melt the cheese.

one pan wonder...and saves a casserole dish!

Hilary's Corner said...

I personally love any tuna noodle casserole recipe..But my boyfriend thinks they are all too bland.I really would like to try this.And I was wondering what could I put in it to give it a "kick",I guess you could say?

Also I started a new blog...I hope you stop by.Its at ourcozykitchen.wordpress.com

Cynthia Matzat said...

Hilary, it is definitely a recipe that falls in the "bland" category, but that's what my boys like about it. You could always add some onion and celery to give it more flavor, or if you really want a "kick" try adding a can of green chiles to it. Thanks for sharing your blog.