Menu Plan Monday


We had a good time this past week. My computer workshops went well, and the Skillet concert was amazing. We went swimming at my parents' house on Saturday, and today the boys went rock climbing while I worked on eMINTS lesson plans for the coming week. I made my first messenger bag this week which I am very proud of, and I hope to make another one this week. The boy goes to band camp this week, so it's just me and the hubby. I hope you enjoy the menu. For meal plan ideas, check out orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Filets, Sour Cream and Chive Stuffed Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, Salad
Monday - Pasta Carbonara (didn't get to it last week), Broccoli, Salad
Tuesday - Orange-Pepper Chicken, Rice, Strawberries
Wednesday - Red Beans and Rice with Sausage (box of Zatarans low sodium and low fat smoked sausage - super simple), Peaches
Thursday - Fusilli with Shrimp and Spinach, Salad
Friday - Boys will be eating hot dogs and beans; I have book club
Saturday - BBQ Pork Sandwiches (I cook a pork butt roast in the crockpot overnight, shred it and pour in a bottle of BBQ sauce, and then let it cook again all day), French Fries, Green Beans

12 comments:

A Juggling Mum said...

Hi,

I love everything on your list this week especially the orange pepper chicken :)

Rachel xxx

PS - Come and join me for a $20 challenge and you could win a Paypal credit!

Mandi said...

Yummy menu! I love bbq sandwiches. Have a great week!

Niki Jolene said...

it all sounds delish!

:)

Anonymous said...

Yummy menu. I love a good chicken recipe. Your orange pepper chicken sounds delicious. I'll have to try it.

The Estrogen Files said...

Oh. My. Heavens!! I'm hungry again. Looks like a yummy week! Happy MPM!

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks great! The barbecue pork sandwiches look especially tasty. Have a great week!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Yum! The bbq sandwiches sound SO good!

Tracy said...

Cynthia,
I received my apron and goodies in the mail today! I LOVE the apron so much! I was really hoping for a full apron, too! Thanks!

Lanny said...

YUM! Everything sounds delicious!

Thanks for being so inspirational. I tend to get in a dinner rut easily, but your blog always rejuvenates me!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Lanny,

That just made my day! Thanks. :) Just so you know, your blog thoroughly entertains me. Your stories about your daughter crack me up.

Cynthia

Liz said...

Wonderful menu this week.Orange pepper chicken sounds wonderful!
Elizabeth "MommyChef"

Happy Housewife said...

Great menu you have planned. I like the menus you included.