Pepperoni Pizza Sticks

Note: If you make this with packaged pizza crust mix, you will need to use two packages (I've used just the cheap Wal Mart brand before).














Ingredients:

1 batch of pizza dough (you can use this recipe or just use a packaged mix)
8 mozzarella string cheese sticks (2% milk kind), cut in half
32 slices turkey pepperoni
2 T. butter or margarine, melted
2 t parmesan cheese
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t Italian seasoning
Pizza sauce (for dipping)


Directions: 

1. Make pizza dough according to recipe directions (or package directions if you are using a mix).

2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle. Cut into 16 squares. At the edge of each square, place one piece of mozzarella and two pieces of pepperoni. Roll up and tuck in sides. Be sure to seal well to cut down on cheese melting out during the baking process. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat until done.

3. Brush melted butter or margarine over each mini bread stick. Combine the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl and sprinkle on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.


Recipe modified from Cooking During Stolen Moments

9 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

That is a winner! My boys will love it. Thanks!
~Liz

Rana said...

I can't wait to try this out. My kids love pizza and this will be a great snack or dinner.

Greg and Donna said...

That looks like a great recipe. I am going to try it with my homemade bread dough. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Lori said...

Could the pizza dough that comes like canned biscuits be used?

Cynthia Matzat said...

Lori, I'm sure the canned pizza dough would work fine. You would probably need to use two cans.

Cherry said...

Cindy, I made your pepperoni pizza sticks for lunch today, and they were awesome! Thanks for the great recipe!

Amber said...

I made these using my mother-in-law's dough recipe, and then she just happened to come over for dinner that night. I didn't seal them well enough and a lot of cheese melted out, but they were still a hit! My husband and his mama both loved them. :) Thank you for the idea!

Chrissy said...

I love your site and refer to it often when I am making my meal plan. Do you think I could make a huge batch and freeze them?

Cynthia Matzat said...

They would be great to freeze, Chrissy. Glad you find the site helpful. :)