Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I found this recipe on one of my favorite "mom" blogs - Mommy Cooks. I just made it for the first time for my family last night, and they LOVED it. It was super easy to make, but it looks very impressive. It is definitely a company-worthy recipe. The only modification I made was to reduce the amount of olive oil from 8 tablespoons to 4 tablespoons. My son is a pretty picky eater, so I was afraid he wouldn't eat something with feta cheese, but he gobbled it down and asked for more!


Ingredients

8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (I only use 4 T)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 garlic cloves, minced (I used minced garlic from a jar - easy and fast)
1 tablespoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped turkey bacon (cooked)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
Butterfly cut the chicken.
Mix together feta and bacon.
Stuff each breast with feta and bacon mixture. Secure sides of chicken with toothpicks, if needed. (I did not need to do this.)
Pour oil mixture over top of breasts.
Bake uncovered for 30 - 35 minutes.

0 comments: