Menu Plan Monday



We had an amazing weekend weatherwise. It seems like it has been cold, cloudy, dreary and icy forever. The previous two weeks we had four snow days, and we have had a total of eight snow days so far this year. For southwest Missouri, this is kind of a big deal. We don't usually get much winter precipitation. Unfortunately, it has all been ice and sleet, which does not lend itself to fun, wintertime activities. Well, this weekend was our first hint of spring. It was 70 degrees and sunny both days (though today was rather windy)! It was so nice to be outside. Yesterday, we went for a hike in northern Arkansas (Hide Out Hollow trail - beautiful waterfalls). I can't tell you how great it felt to be outside in the sun again. But, (yes, there is always a but) leave it to kooky Missouri weather to go and ruin my happy spring feelings. Even though it is currently 70 degrees, we are under a winter storm watch. :-( Tomorrow evening it is supposed to snow and sleet, with possible accumulations of up to 12 inches! Only in Missouri can you have 70 degrees one day and a foot of snow the next.

We have our usual busy schedule this week, though with the chance of snow, who knows what will actually happen. I have computer trainings Monday and Tuesday, Corey has scouts and jazz band, and he starts track practice. I also have a fund rasier for the library to help fund an author that is going to come visit my kids in April. Because of the busy schedule, you won't see a lot of new stuff this week, but if we end up with snow and manage to keep our electricity on, I'm sure I will be doing some extra cooking. So, here's this week's menu. For other great menu ideas, check out Organzing Junkie.


Sunday - leftovers (need to finish up the funky chicken, pork chops, and dumplings from last week)
Monday - eat at training
Tuesday - Frito Pie (hubby request - boys, what are you going to do with them)
Wednesday - Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Broccoli, Salad
Thursday - eat at Papa Grands Pizza for school fundraiser
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Chinese Lemon Chicken, Rice, Green Beans


8 comments:

Michelle said...

oh the funky chicken that sounds like it was delicious..thanks for making hungry... :)have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I will have to try the Chineese Lemon Chicken. Yummy!

Wifey said...

Your menu reminded me of my family's love for frito pie. I'm going to put it on our menu in the next weeks. Have a great week!

Jena Webber said...

Neat idea for a blog. Chinese chicken sounds good. enjoy!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Everything sounds great!

Linda

Unknown said...

It's really nice when spring finally arrives.
You have a terrific week and menu.

Dee Light said...

You have a great blog!! Looks like your family eats well, loads of great recipes.

debhmom3 said...

I love frito pie too. (yuck, I know). It was the one thing I would eat at the school cafeteria. Actually, I think I just love fritos. ;)