Menu Plan Monday


We had a good (busy as usual) week this week. Corey had state math contest on Saturday. This is the NCTM contest, and they give awards to the top ten scorers in each grade. He qualified last year, but did not place. This year, he got 8th place! He was ecstatic. Eric's parents came to visit this weekend, which was a nice treat. Sunday we helped with a church youth group luncheon. I made Chicken Enchilada Soup and Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup, which were very popular. I did have a minor fiasco. My crockpot melted through the bottom and burned my counter. If I wouldn't have caught it before we left the house, we wouldn't have a house! So, word of warning - don't get a crockpot with a plastic bottom. I've used it for years, so I'm not sure what happened, but it was scary. I also made some blondies and chocolate chips cookies. We had some nice family time together this weekend.

During the week, I was pretty much able to stick to the menu. The low country boil on Tuesday was fun, but made way too much food for our family of three. Next time we will have to have some friends over. This coming week is pretty busy, so you will see some quick and easy meals. I'm only going to post dinner this week. I haven't had time yet to plan out breakfasts. I hope you enjoy. For more menus, see orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - leftovers
Monday - eat at computer training
Tuesday - Filets, Cheesy Mashed Potatoes, Pea Pods (Eric's birthday!)
Wednesday - Santa Fe Chicken, Rice, Peaches, Salad
Thursday - Out (everyone has different evening obligations)
Friday - Frito Pie made with Santa Fe Chicken leftovers
Saturday - Homemade hamburgers, French Fries, Strawberries

5 comments:

debhmom3 said...

Congrats to Corey and Happy Birthday to Eric! I am glad you said something about the crockpot melting! I have that same crockpot, yikes! Guess I won't be using that one if I plan to leave home. That's scary! I'm going to have to make some of those cookies. Yum. Made the blondies the same night you posted the recipe. :)

Heather said...

Sounds like a great menu this week.
Have a good week.

Nicole said...

Wonderful menu! Im glad you caught the crock pot in time. That's scary!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the sound of Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup. So glad your house didn't burn down! Have a great week.

Carrie said...

Looks like a great week!