Santa Fe Chicken

I plan to try this recipe for the first time this Thursday. I'm a little hesitant about it because my son doesn't like salsa. I might try substituting taco sauce, enchilada sauce, or at least puree the salsa so there aren't any "chunks". I will probably serve it over rice. I'll let you know how it turns out after Thursday.

*It's Thursdsay, and the dinner was great. Everyone loved it. I did substitute enchilada sauce for the salsa, and it tastsed wonderful.





Ingredients

2 lbs chicken tenderloins
2 cans corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups salsa
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder

Directions

In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except the chicken. Stir to incorporate the spices. Place tenderloins in the crockpot. Top with salsa mixture. Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.
(recipe from Mommy Cooks)



Santa Fe Chicken Leftovers Idea





I have a family of three, so this recipe had lots of leftovers for us. Today for lunch, I heated up the leftover chicken, corn and beans mixture. I shredded the chicken and poured that mixture over some Fritos. I topped it with some lettuce and cheese. It was great! My husband is a Frito pie lover, and he ate two bowlfuls of this today. Just an extra tip in case you have leftovers, too.

1 comments:

Kelly N said...

Made this tonight along with your corn bread recipe. It was a hit! Will be in my lunch tomorrow :)