Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup



This is my go-to chicken noodle soup recipe. It's creamy, tasty, and as the title says, very comforting. The best thing is, it's low in calories and sodium. It makes 15 cups of soup.


Ingredients
6 cups water
1 quart Imagine Organic Chicken Broth, Low Sodium
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
8 oz. uncooked Ronzoni Extra Wide Noodles
2 cans Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
16 oz. cubed cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup fat free sour cream
fresh parsley (dried works in a pinch)
fresh ground black pepper

Directions

In large pot, bring water and stock to a boil. Add carrots and celery and cook about 10 minutes. Add noodles; cook, uncovered until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add soup and chicken, heat through. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper to taste.

Servings: 15 one cup servings

4 comments:

sarahross said...

I am so happy to have stumbled upon your blog (from the apron swap). I am always looking for new dishes to fix for my family--can't wait to try some of your recipes!

Ter said...

Yum.

BTW, I featured one of the recipes you posted a while back on my blog today.

Lori said...

This is THE BEST recipe! I've been using it for years! I actually use it a lot when I take a meal to a family from church (ie. sickness). It's AWESOME!! Enjoy!

annies home said...

once again another recipe that I neede I have a couple of whole chickens and not enough recipes do things with