Menu Plan Monday











December is a busy month! We have something every night until Christmas break. That's a lot of stuff - all good stuff - but stuff, nonetheless. We had a great trip to Chicago over Thanksgiving break. We took the Amtrak train up and went to see John Williams direct the Chicago Symphony. He featured his music from Harry Potter, and it was simply fabulous. The weather was gorgeous, so we really enjoyed walking around the city. Our hotel was right by Millennium Park.














The only "bad" part of our trip was waiting two and a half hours to go up to the top of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower. I did manage to make myself stand in the new clear boxes that hang of the side of the building. Huge deal for me - I hate heights!














We enjoyed some great meals, but our most fun food experience was eating chocolate covered fruit on a stick at the German Christmas Village near our hotel. Yum!














This past week I've spent a lot of time preparing for my Polar Express pajama party at school. It will be a lot of fun, but I'm ready to be finished with the planning.

Anyway, here's this week's menu. It is tough planning meals this month since we are gone so much in the evenings and don't have a lot of time to cook. I'm really relying on freezer meals and things I cook ahead of time on the weekends. For more menu ideas, see orgjunkie.com.

Sunday -Spaghetti with meat sauce, Salad, Rolls
Monday - Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls, Green Beans, Salad
Tuesday - Pizza Pockets
Wednesday - Lemon Thyme Chicken, Rice, Brussels Sprouts
Thursday - Chili (from freezer), Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Friday - Turkey Club Pie
Saturday - Eat at school Christmas party

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Chicago day trip looks like it was lots of fun.

Your menu look delicious.

Kelli said...

Oh yum!! I thought about having spaghetti this week, but went with Girl Scout Stew instead. Now, I am wishing we were having spaghetti! ;-)

http://3boysandadog.com/2009/12/menu-plan-monday-december-7th-through-11th/