Mark Twain Book Club Luncheon - Tea Room Theme

Today I hosted the teachers who are participating in my Mark Twain Award book club for a luncheon to discuss the first six books we read this summer. Each summer I invite my 3rd and 4th grade teachers to read all 12 of the award nominated books for the coming year, and we meet book club style to discuss them and share ideas of how to use them in the classroom. I have 9 teachers participating this summer, which is great!

I decided to do "tea room" food for lunch, which was really fun to make. Here was my menu:

Crustless Crab Quiche
Bacon and Spinach Quiche
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Strawberry and Orange Spinach Salad
Cheddar Cookies
Strawberry Cake
Raspberry Tea

My son cut some flowers from my rose bush to use as a centerpiece on the table. I think it was simple, but very pretty. :) Here are a few pictures of the food. I forgot to take a picture when the girls arrived, but we had a great time!




3 comments:

debhmom3 said...

Very nice! Everything looked great! You are such an above and beyond librarian. They are so lucky to have you!

M @ Betty Crapper said...

What a great idea for summer planning. Your luncheon looks amazing, especially that strawberry cake.

Anonymous said...

those cheddar cheese cookies sound delicious!