What's for Dinner Menu Plan

It's Super Bowl Sunday, and how am I spending my evening? Making the meals for the week. :) I know that may sound un-American to many of you sports fans, but I'm honestly happier hanging out in the kitchen. I'm just not a sports fan, and even the commercials don't hold that much interest for me. It is the first year in quite a while that we haven't had friends over to watch the Super Bowl, but then again, it isn't a typical year for our family. We have enjoyed having some down time together this weekend. We did make a fun dinner to "celebrate" Super Bowl Sunday - we made our own version of In-N-Out burgers, some great oven fries, and chocolate shakes.

This week the boy has a couple of extra academic activities - a big math test (AMC 12) and an academic team meet, and the hubby has some extra work obligations. It helps so much to cook ahead for the week when evenings are full of activities. It's also helpful to have meals that you know will make leftovers (i.e. Lasagna Spaghetti - or as my husband calls it - Spasagna). I will be spending the coming weekend with my mom. Only three treatments left! I know she is very much looking forward to the end of this stuff.

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Super Bowl Sunday fun food - In-N-Out Burgers, Oven Baked Fries, Chocolate Shakes


Monday - Chicken Pockets, Green Beans, Salad, Peaches

Tuesday - Lasagna Spaghetti, Broccoli, Salad


Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Grilled Salmon (I just marinate in Italian dressing and throw it on the grill), Grilled Asparagus, Salad, Applesauce


Friday - Mom's choice

Saturday - Honey Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.


0 comments: