What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Well, I'm still waiting to see if the files from my crashed laptop are going to be able to be salvaged. :( It's been in the shop all week. I did go ahead and get a new laptop since my other one was on its last legs. Goodbye pretty pink Dell XPS - hello shiny silver MacBook Pro! Yes, I crossed over to the dark side and joined the rest of my family and got a Mac. Now I just need to make sure I ALWAYS BACK UP my recipe files. Hopefully the computer shop guys will save me.

Corey and I were on spring break all week. We went hiking in Arkansas one day and saw some great waterfalls (it had just rained the day before, so they were really flowing). We also went to the St. Louis area to visit his girlfriend. Our school week is going to be filled with some extra meetings/workshops after school, so this week's meal plan is taking advantage of my freezer stash.

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Grilled Pork Tenderloin (I'm just going to marinade in Italian dressing), Hash Brown Potatoes (cooked in a foil pack on the grill - I use Simply Potatoes with Onions), Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries

Monday - Swedish Meatballs with Noodles (new - photo coming soon), Broccoli, Salad, Applesauce

Tuesday - Crock Pot Salsa Chicken served in tortillas (from freezer), Corn, Salad, Orange Slices

Wednesday - Slow Cooker Roast and Gravy (from freezer), Day Before Mashed Potatoes (from freezer), Green Beans, Salad

Thursday - Spaghetti Chili (chili from freezer), Salad, Fruit

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday -Adirondacker Burgers, Oven Baked Fries, Salad, Strawberries

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

1 comments:

Mamie said...

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE your MacBookPro! use the Time Machine feature (you need an external hard drive) and you won't have to worry about losing files ever again. :)

We were on spring break this week, too. Tomorrow morning is going to be ROUGH! I am soooo not ready to go back....

I meant to comment on your post about doing the literacy event right after the tornados, and how much it meant to some of the families (such as the mom who had no way to cook dinner for her family) - as teachers we so often feel overwhelmed by the "extra" activities/events, and facing those loooooooong days of teaching and evening events is exhausting. But I do think that each time, some family is very much in need of "something" right at that moment - a meal, a night away from life's usual burdens, the knowledge that the school community cares about them. It's good to be reminded that our extra efforts ARE needed and appreciated!

I hope your mom's doing well also. Have a good week!