What's for Dinner Menu Plan - Sorry I'm Late!

I apologize for the lateness of my post. I'm finally out of school, and I've simply been enjoying my first week at home. :) We are preparing to go on vacation next week, and I have been busy packing and getting the house ready for our house sitter. :) We are going on a cruise to the Virgin Islands with our whole family, and we are very excited! As an added bonus, Eric and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary on the cruise!

We have done some fun things this week. The hubby and I went out for a sushi date while the boy was at national math contest. Look at this stuff - it's a work of art! Love the chef at Nagoya!



The best thing was that after sushi, we went to Andy's and it happened to be the first day of fresh blackberry concretes! That is my favorite summer treat, and they only have them for a limited time during blackberry season. Yum!







As as special treat for myself in honor of our trip, I got my first real manicure, and I'm getting a pedicure today. Being librarian is murder on fingernails, so I usually don't have nice nails, but I've been growing mine out this week, and they look pretty darn good! Check out the finished product! Those are my very own nails - no tips, no sculpture! :) Yes, I know I'm a nerd, but I never have nice-looking nails, and I'm proud of them.


Corey and I are off on a hike in Arkansas tomorrow morning since the weather is supposed to be great, and then we are heading to the lake for a family reunion dinner. Then, it's vacation time! Sounds like a pretty good week, doesn't it!

I know, enough of my rambling. You just want the menu. Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)


Sunday - Sausage Potato Soup in bread bowls, Salad

Monday - Sausage Potato Packets (I used Simply Potatoes, onion, and sliced up a turkey smoked sausage, wrapped in foil pack, and grilled for 20 min - 10 on each side), Fresh Peaches, Salad

Tuesday - Italian Sloppy Joes with Homemade Buns, Salad, Strawberries

Wednesday - French Dip Sandwiches (just a roast in the slow cooker that I will slice and use the juice to make a dip) - using the homemade buns from yesterday, Salad, Peaches

Thursday - Eat out

Friday - Steak, Baked  Potatoes, Green Beans (won't leave any leftovers)

Saturday - Cruise! House sitter is on their own (but is excited to use my kitchen!).


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

0 comments: