Brownie Bottom Chocolate Lush

One of my family's favorite desserts is Chocolate Lush. Lately on Facebook I've seen people post a version that uses a brownie base. I adapted it and made my version for the boys. They loved it! It is definitely rich when you make it with the brownie bottom, but it's very yummy!






Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix (the kind that fits a 9 x 13 pan) and the ingredients called for on the box
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened (I use reduced fat)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 8oz. packages whipped topping (I use light)
1 3oz.  package instant chocolate pudding (I use sugar free)
1 3oz. package instant vanilla pudding
3 1/2 cups milk (I use skim)

Directions:

In a 9 X 13 pan, make the brownies according to the package. Let them cool completely (after cooling on the counter for a while, I then put mine in the refrigerator to make sure they are completely cold).

In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar. Fold in one container of the whipped topping.

Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled brownie layer.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the two pudding packages and mix in the milk. Pour the pudding over the cream cheese layer. Put in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to let the pudding set.

After the pudding is set, spread the last container of whipped topping over the dessert. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comments:

Hilary's Corner said...

Reading through your recent entries is making me very hungry..They all look soo good,especially this one!MY finances Aunt makes something similar but without the brownie..I love the sounds of the brownie under the pudding,would be soo good!