Salisbury Steak

This is another new one for me this week. Salisbury Steak is a Cub Scout camp and school lunch favorite of the boys. I have just never tried to make it on my own. Seems easy enough though - it's basically hamburgers with gravy on them. :)




Ingredients

1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 1/2 lbs ground round
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 lg egg, beaten
1/2 cup chopped onions
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup water

Directions

Combine 1/4 cup soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion,salt, pepper and garlic powder. Shape into 6 patties.
Place in shallow baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Drain any excess fat.
Combine remaining soup and water. Pour over patties.
Bake an additional 10-12 minutes or until sauce is hot.

(recipe from Mommy Cooks)

1 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Well, since I have all the ingredients on hand, I guess I know what I'm making for dinner tonight, LOL! I haven't made Salisbury Steak in a while, and we really like it. Your recipe looks good, so I'll give it a try.
I think maybe I'll make a second batch and freeze them, uncooked, for the future, too!