Voodoo Pasta

This is another great, simple recipe that I got from Mommy Cooks (blog is no longer active). It is very quick to make, so it's great for busy nights. My son and husband love this one. I use low-fat or turkey smoked sausage and light Alfredo sauce or make my own to make it a bit healthier. I also leave out the green pepper and Tobasco sauce (not favorite ingredients of the boys). I often add mushrooms (my son just picks them out), and spaghetti noodles work great if you don't have fettuccine (as I didn't in the photo below).




Ingredients

16 ounces fettuccine pasta
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced (I get the low fat kind or the turkey variety)
1 green pepper,sliced (I always leave this out - the fam won't eat green peppers)
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon blackening seasoning (I used Zatarains.)
1 cup Alfredo sauce (I like Ragu Light Parmesan Alfredo. I often use my own recipe as well.)
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional - I always leave it out)

Directions

Cook fettuccine noodles as directed on package.
In a large non stick skillet add the sausage, green pepper and onion. Sprinkle with the blackening seasoning and stir.
Cook in skillet on medium-high heat until browned.
Add the Alfredo sauce and Tabasco (optional).
Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is hot, stirring occasionally.
Pour sausage and vegetables over pasta.
Toss until coated.

0 comments: