Refried Bean Soup

This soup is mildly spicy, very flavorful, and super healthy. It’s one of my favorite lunch soups. I make a batch and eat it all week for lunch. If you want to make it heartier, add in some diced cooked chicken. Top it with some shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro for an extra special touch (just don’t forget that this adds to the calories).



Ingredients
2 cans (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
2 cans fat free refried beans
4 cups Imagine Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 cup uncooked Minute Instant Brown Rice (optional)

Directions

Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, and 1 cup of broth in a large pan; boil for five minutes, stirring often.

Stir in beans and remaining 3 cups broth and rice; simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often.

Serving Size: Makes 11 1-cup servings

3 comments:

debhmom3 said...

I am going to make this tomorrow. I had forgotten about this recipe. Thanks!

Niki Jolene said...

This sounds delicious! I am so gonna try like half these recipes.

Everything sounds so yummy.

Unknown said...

I've been making this for years. First saw it on the About.com website. I think it was in easy or quick cooking (no longer there which ever it was). I also add sliced turkey kielbasa sometimes. Doesn't add much in calories or fat & really makes it a main dish soup.