Cheddar Potato Strips

These remind me of an easy version of au gratin potatoes, but without all of the slicing and layering. I used my French fry cutter to cut the strips, which makes it fast and easy.




Ingredients
3 yukon gold potatoes (skin on), cut in 1/2" strips
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp melted butter
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup of grated 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese

Directions
Arrange potatoes in a glass baking dish. Mix milk and butter and pour over the top. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 425 for 30 minutes or till milk is absorbed and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or till cheese melts.

Makes 3 servings



Recipe Source - Kara's Kitchen Creations

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for posting my potato recipe! Glad you like it as much as my family does.

Niki Jolene said...

It looks like you have a great week of meals planned..thanks for sharing! I just love getting new ideas for my own menu plan.

:)

Algebra Teacher said...

These look wonderful! I, too, do not enjoy all the slicing and peeling for au gratin potatoes but I do love the taste. I'll have to try these. I'm bookmarking them now. I'm also signing up to follow your blog. Love, love, love the pictures!

Bugaboo said...

They look easy & delicious --- thanks for the great idea. I'm a potato freak, so I'm always up for new ways to try 'em!

amandak23k said...

These turned out wonderful!! Followed recipe exactly. They were nice and soft and cheesey!!

Tara said...

These look yummy! I think we'll try them for a snack!

savvydivasanddudes.blogspot.com

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

I'm looking forward to trying these. Thanks for sharing!