Double Chocolate Banana Bread

This "bread" is amazing! It probably should be called cake. :) It is moist and chocolaty (is that a word?) and you'll want to eat the whole loaf in one sitting.



Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

2. Beat sugar, eggs, and oil in large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in banana and vanilla at low speed. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; beat into banana mixture at low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

3 Spoon batter into pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (It only took about 45 minutes in my oven.) Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.

Recipe Source - Sisters' Cafe

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to try it out on my company this weekend.

Kristy said...

Hi there. I found your blog through random clicks on the Menu Plan Monday links. I mean your title is perfect!! Sooooo, I tried making your homemade pizza crust this afternoon. I was inspired by the commenter on your recipe and decided to make breadsticks instead. Problem #1: The dough was soooo sticky...I kept adding flour to the table to knead it. Is that what I should have done? Problem #2: The breadsticks were flat as pancakes (flatter, actually). I used yeast for pizza dough from a little packet...it wasn't quite 1 tablespoon. Was that my problem?

Help...please!
Sorry for the extremely long comment. I guess I could have emailed. Oh well. Thanks!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Kristy, I sent you an email about the pizza crust. I only use it for crust, so I'm not sure if my suggestions will help or not.

Lisa said...

Holy cow, that sounds wonderful. I never thought about putting the two together (duh). It just never occurred to me. I will be trying this over the weekend. Thanks for posting.

Stefanie said...

Made 2 loaves of this today. I haven't had a chance to eat it yet but it smells wonderful! Since it has bananas in it, it has to be healthy!!!!

Stefanie said...

This was a favorite of my students! I actually have recieved emails and talked to several parents that said they have had to bake this many times this summer. :)

Stefanie said...

WOW!!! Made this for another session MAP testing and again it was a favorite!