Menu Plan Monday


This is week 3 of having to eat "soft" foods due to my oral surgery. Needless to say, I am sick of pasta! What I would really like is a big, juicy steak, but it's still on the "no-no" list. So, this week will be a chicken recipe week since chicken is pretty soft. We have lots of evening obligations on Monday and Tuesday, so unfortunately, we will have to be eating out two days in a row. This past week I started stocking up the freezer for the beginning of school. I made lots of zucchini bread, double-chocolate banana bread, zucchini spinach soup, creamy black bean soup, and onion soup gratin. I hope to add a few more items later this week. I also got a chance to make a nice breakfast for the family this weekend. Be sure to check out the berry smoothie recipe and the lazy morning sausage pie. Yum! Here is this week's menu. For more menu ideas, check out orgjunkie.com. Have a great week!

Sunday - BBQ & swim party at a friend's house
Monday - out to eat (too many evening activities)
Tuesday - out to eat (too many evening activities)
Wednesday - Sloppy Joes, baked beans, French fries (didn't get to this one last week - ate leftovers instead)
Thursday -Mexican Gumbo, peaches
Friday - Chicken Mozarella, Green beans
Saturday - Creamy Chicken Breasts, rice, broccoli

10 comments:

Denise said...

Hi there, I clicked on your link from Org Junkie and loved looking at your posts. Our garden is doing really well this year too, (this is our first successful year) and I've had exactly the same excess as you with the zucchini and cucumber! I might try your zucchini bisque, I've never made a soup with them. Our fav is zucchini bread :-)
Thanks for sharing your great recipes.

Jessie Geroux said...

looks yummy I cant wait to try the creamy chicken breasts..so simple yet look delicious! Thnx for posting ;-)

annies home said...

sounds delicious hope your mouth starts feeling better real soon. My daughter has to do that soon as well

Unknown said...

Those sloppy joes sound good. Great MPM!

AudreyO said...

I love cream sauces. The creamy chicken sounds great. I love reading what others are having all week.

Chaos Cottage said...

That sausage pie sounds really good. I like meals like that for breakfast or dinner.

Pam

Becca said...

I really love Sloppy Joes and hope to have them on my menu next week :) Hope you get a steak soon!!!

Gypsy Lady said...

I am so loving this blog! You have no idea how helpful it has been to me! (gets me hungry too...) I have a question...well, more of a request. Could you talk about the best way to freeze all these delicious foods? I will have to try to get that chocolate-banana bread in the freezer ASAP or I will eat it all myself!!

na said...

Hope you feel better soon! Great menu!

Stacey said...

I wanted to ask you how you freeze your soups and breads (I see someone else asked as well). I like to freeze things as well but I am wondering if you have any tricks up your sleeve to freezing them for easy use later. :) Thanks!!