Menu Plan Monday


Well, I'm surviving my gum graft so far. :) I still have "chipmunk cheeks", but I haven't had to take pain medication. The bummer in all of this is that I have to eat "soft foods" for 30 days. I posted a plea for help on ideas for soft food recipes, so if you have any to share, please send them my way! I'm also still looking for recipes to use with my bounty of zucchini. I baked 6 batches of zucchini bread today, shredded some and put it in the freezer, and made Zucchini Bisque soup for dinner tonight. I went out this evening to check the garden, and of course, I had 4 more zucs ready for picking. So, be sure to share any great recipes you might have that involve zucchini! I'm very excited that this week we get to pick Corey up from Chicago! You'll notice a couple of blank days on the menu because of our travels. I would ask the housesitter what he's eating, but I somehow think it's nothing you would want me to share. :) Anyway, here's my "soft food" menu for the week. For more menu ideas, see orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Zucchini Bisque
Monday - Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuesday - Pasta with Vodka Sauce
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - On the road (housesitter probably eating junk food)
Friday - On the road (housesitter still probably eating junk food)
Saturday - Lasagna

7 comments:

Carrie said...

the pasta with vodka sauce sounds great!

Sara said...

You can throw a cup or so of shredded zuchinni into a spaghetti sauce or lasagna and it's virtually undetectable. And it uses some of it up. My mom did this all the time when I was a kid and she was trying to get us to eat our vegetables. Our other standard way of eating it was simply to slice a zuchinni, a yellow squash, and an onion, and saute them together.

Unknown said...

Oh... soft foods... wow. Just reading "gum graft" makes me have instant empathy!
Gazpacho?
Baked potato?
I'll have to think on that.
But it looks like you've managed a nice variety for yourself in spite of the restrictions. Here's to a quick recovery!!

annies home said...

never had vodka sauce on past wondering what that would be like sounds delicious

Courtney said...

Veggie Quesadilla

Shred 1/2 Zucchini
2 spoons of canned Black Beans
2 spoons of Salsa
Mix together in a bowl

Place in between a tortilla and add a little cheese to the top of the quesadilla, heat and brown on the stove top and dip in sour cream. Very yummy and low in calories. You can add more or less of the above ingredients to your liking :)

Rana said...

I made the zucchini bisque tonight. It is wonderful. Oh my goodness, thank you for this recipe. I'm so excited to make it for friends and family.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Rana, I'm glad you liked the soup recipe. My family really loves it, too. Plus, it's a good one for freezing.