Menu Plan Monday


I survived week one of Corey being gone - just two more long weeks to go. He is enjoying his class but says the workload is a lot - often 4 hours of homework each night. We are moving forward with our kitchen remodel. Eric has been removing the tile and countertops so the granite people can make the template this week. Hopefully we will be approving the granite on Tuesday.

I have to admit that I'm feeling like an old lady this week, and I'm being a bit of a whiner baby. I have to have gum graft surgery on Friday to repair some gum recessions I have. Yuck! Apparently, brushing your teeth too often and getting braces as an adult can be a bad thing for gums. Who knew? So much for brushing after each meal. The doctor took away my toothbrush, gave me a super soft one, and said I can only brush twice a day. Needless to say, my gum chewing habit has increased. If I can't brush, then I'm going to chew gum (sugarless, of course)! Anyway, starting Friday it's soft foods for me for a while. I'm actually quite nervous about the surgery as I watched my husband go through it a few years ago. It's not a fun process. I'll take any prayers of courage that you can spare. I'm such a wimp.

So, know that you know more about my gums than you ever wanted to know, here's the menu for the week. ;-) Ididn't get to the grilled chicken (went to my moms) and the chicken florentine (went to a friend's house for dinner) last week, so you will see those repeated this week. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Chinese take out (needed a lazy day - was feeling sorry for myself and freaking out about surgery)
Monday - Ultimate BBQ Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Tuesday - Chicken Florentine Pasta Bake, Salad
Wednesday - Chicken Pockets, Broccoli, Salad, Peaches
Thursday - Spinach and Bacon Frittata, Hash Browns
Friday - French Leek Soup (won't be able to eat solid food), applesauce
Saturday - Leftovers

0 comments: