Zucchini Bisque

This is a nice, light soup that has a great flavor. It's also a great way to use up those summer zucchinis!



Ingredients:
1 medium onion, diced
2 T butter or margarine
2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup fat free half-and-half

Directions:
In a large pot, saute onion in butter. Add zucchini and chicken broth. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes; add seasonings. Puree on low in a blender. Return to pan; stir in cream and heat through.

2 comments:

Rana said...

My friend just gave me the biggest zucchini and I was going to make bread with it, but I still would have a lot left over. I'm going to try this recipe and see how it goes. Does this freeze well?

Cynthia Matzat said...

It does freeze well. I have three bowls in my freezer right now. :)