Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

My friend Melissa sent this one to me while she was working on her meal plan last night. This recipe will be helpful on those nights that you really need to rely on your slow cooker because of a busy schedule. Be careful of what kind of buffalo sauce you use - it can be pretty spicy! I put a little blue cheese dressing on mine. Very tasty!




Ingredients:
4 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
2 tablespoons butter
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise (I use wheat buns)

Directions:
1. Place the frozen chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and
the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
2. Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter (I'm thinking I might leave that out), and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.

Recipe source - Allrecipes

1 comments:

Sarah said...

This would be good topped with diced celery and blue cheese!