Menu Plan Monday


This week's menu features all new recipes (therefore, no photos yet, so be sure to check back later). I'm trying new chicken enchilada recipe on Monday (cooked the chicken ahead of time today). Later in the week, I'm hosting a book club meeting at my house so a group of my teacher friends will be joining me for dinner. We read The Kite Runner this month, so I thought I would do an Afghan themed meal. I'll let you know how the recipes turn out. Afghan food is definitely a new thing for me. :) Last week's hit recipe was the chicken pot pie. It took a lot to get it ready, but it was worth it. It will be a recipe that I have to save for cooking on the weekends since it's a bit time intensive. It does make a lot of leftovers, which is great for our busy family. Here's this week's menu. For more menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com. Have a wonderful week!

Sunday - Drunken Jerk Chicken (moved from Saturday - we ate Frito Pie instead), strawberries, salad
Monday - Honey Lime Enchiladas, Salad, Apple slices
Tuesday - Stroganoff Melts, Green Beans, Salad
Wednesday - Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, Salad, Peaches
Thursday - Book Club Dinner: Afghan Chicken Kebobs, Spinach and Yogurt Dip, Afghan Flatbread, whatever sides the girls bring :)
Friday - Camping!
Saturday - Camping!

4 comments:

Rita T. said...

I'd love to come eat at your house! It sounds wonderful.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

YUM! Great looking menu! :D Especially the honey lime enchiladas and slow cooker buffalo chicken! :D WE have buffalo chicken on ours this week, too.

Connie said...

I wanted to tell you we all truly enjoyed the Voodoo Pasta last week! Thanks for sharing!!

Many blessings and best wishes for a great week!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Rita, I love to have company. ;)

Sherry, I'm excited about the enchiladas. I hope they taste as good as they sound. The buffalo chicken should also be a good one.

Connie, I'm glad you enjoyed the Voodoo Pasta. It's such an easy, tasty dish. :) Plus, the name is kind of fun. Have a great week!