Sausage Potato Soup

This is one of my family's favorite soups. It is hearty and very tasty. I chop the carrot and celery very fine so that even my non-veggie eating son enjoys this one.



Ingredients
1 14 oz package Butterball Smoked Turkey Sausage
6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed with skin on
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups chicken broth
1 celery rib, sliced
1/4 cup sliced carrot
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups milk
5 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
Directions:
In a large saucepan, brown sausage; drain. Set sausage aside. In the same pan,
combine the potatoes, corn, broth, celery, carrot and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add the milk, cheese, parsley and sausage. Cook and stir over low heat until
cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Makes 10 1 cup servings.



Recipe adapted from Taste of Home

6 comments:

Bugaboo said...

This looks good. I'm a soupaholic and will have to try it out. Thanks!

Teri said...

Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to try this.

Unknown said...

This sounds very rich and hearty. Thanks for sharing it. I may try to adapt it to the crock pot. Thanks again.

Jen C said...

Can you tell me how you figure out the nutritional information for your recipes? Do you have a program that does it for you? I find it very useful as I am tracking points in weight watchers.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Jen, I use http://www.sparkrecipes.com/. It's free and easy, but just takes time to load in the specifics for the foods you eat.

Jen C said...

I made this soup tonight and it was a huge hit!!! Thanks again for another keeper!