Menu Plan Monday


We had a very busy week, but we are definitely enjoying our three-day weekend. Corey had his first high-school band halftime performance on Friday. Saturday was his first high school cross country meet. And today, we slept! I actually slept 11 and a half hours last night! I did go to bed at 7:00, which is a little embarrassing, but it was so nice to get some much-needed sleep. I also did some cooking for the week to help with the busy schedule. I cooked tonight's dinner, a chicken-pot-pie, and a batch of soup. I also made a batch of butterscotch bars, and guess what! They are the recipe I have been searching for!! This is what the school lunch chewy bars taste like. There's not peanut butter in them after all. :) I'm so glad my quest is over. Last week's Lemon Thyme Chicken was a HUGE hit. If you need an easy recipe to try, put this one your list. It's fabulous and easy to make. Here's this week's menu. For more recipe ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Have a great week!

Sunday - Cheese Mannicotti (ate at my mom's yesterday, so I moved this to today), salad
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie, Salad
Tuesday - Tomato Soup with White Beans and Bacon, Salad, Rolls
Wednesday - Cheeseburger Pasta, Green Beans, Salad
Thursday - Eat out (eMINTS training, cross country meet)
Friday - Eat out (date night, boy has cross country)
Saturday - Drunken Jerk Chicken, Salad, Brussels sprouts, Strawberries

4 comments:

Doctors by night said...

hi from italy

Niki Jolene said...

That soup sounds awesome! I love tomato-anything, but the addition of bacon and beans sounds fab.

Great menu plan you've got there!

:)

Stop over and visit me at Free2BeFrugal!

Katie said...

The Drunken Jerk Chicken sounds very interesting. Also I like the Butterscotch Bar recipe....we can't have dairy here, do you think it'd work with oil since the butter & sugar are melted together rather than creamed?

Anonymous said...

Great menu. I bookmarked some of the recipes for later. I love finding new recipes! Thanks for posting. Have a great week!