Spinach Squares

When I followed this recipe, I must have used way too much spinach. It calls for 8 oz. of spinach, and I bought a 10 oz. bag of fresh spinach. I put in what I guessed was 8 oz, but once I put it in the batter, there was no more batter! So, I doubled the batter part of the mixture and it seemed a little better. I cooked it in a 9 x 13 pan. Unfortunately, they ended up tasting horrible, so I won't be making them again.

















Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1 C milk
1 C 100% white whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz. spinach

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
Then, make a well in the center of the flour and crack the eggs.
Add in the milk and mix well.
Next, stir in the spinach. Then, add in the cheese.
Pour into a greased 9x9 glass baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 40ish minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

Recipe Source - Finding Joy in My Kitchen

0 comments: