Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

This is another one of those recipes that everyone already has, but I like to have my recipes in one place, so I'm adding it here for myself. :)
















Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oats
Waxed paper

Directions:
In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute (very important to do this step so they set up correctly) then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by teaspoonfuls. Let them rest until cooled and hardened.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Love this recipe. Is 1 tablespoon vanilla correct? This seems like a lot. Thanks for share such fabulous recipes.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Gayle, the 1 T is correct.

andrea said...

Hi. Made these yesterday, they're very yummy. I used Nestles Cocoa powder, and they turned out great. Yours look darker. What cocoa powder do you use? Thank you for sharing your recipes.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Andrea,

When I happened to make the batch that is shown in the photo, I only had dark cocoa powder in my pantry. That's why they look darker than normal. I usually just use the normal old Nestle cocoa powder.