Taco Corn Bread Casserole

This was really tasty and really easy to make. I made it the day before and just put it in the oven the night we wanted to eat it.
















Ingredients:
1 package (8 1/2 oz) corn bread/muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
3 cups cooked taco seasoned meat (I use my own taco seasoning)
1 can low sodium black beans (I use Best Choice Clearly Organic brand)
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream, light
1/2 cup 2 % milk reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce


Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, egg and milk until blended.  Spread into an 8 x 8 pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Combine taco meat and beans, spread over corn bread.  Combine sour cream, cheese and onion.  Spread over meat mixture.  Bake for 20 - 25 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.  Sprinkle with tomato and lettuce.



Recipe modified from - Debbie Does Dinner Healthy

2 comments:

FoodontheTable said...

The tater tot casserole looks fun! Have a great week!

Beach Monkeys - Jen said...

Oh Yum!! I'm so trying that this weekend!!! My family is gluten-free so this is a perfect meal for that!!! I just make my cornbread homemade. Thanks!!
Hugs!
Jen @www.beachmonkeys.net