What's for Dinner Menu Plan

I am sick. :( I caught my husband's cold, and we've both been suffering this week. It seems to be one of those colds that hangs on for a while. Having a cold makes it very hard to get my meal planning and weekend cooking done. But, enough complaining! It has been a beautiful weekend, even if I didn't get to go outside and enjoy it. I made one of my favorite soups for supper tonight (soups are great for colds), and I made Lazy Morning Sausage Pie for breakfast tomorrow. I also made a Fresh Apple Cake for dessert, so I didn't do too bad for not feeling well. :)
















We have lots of evening obligations this week (cross country meets, band displays, book club, etc.), so I tried to pick items that are quick and easy. I already made tomorrow spaghetti and have it in the fridge ready to heat up. Here's this weeks menu. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Enjoy and have a great week!

Sunday - Sausage Potato Soup, Apple slices
Monday - Spaghetti with Meatballs (made ahead), Salad, Garlic Muffins
Tuesday - Leftovers
Wednesday - Montery Chicken, Green Beans, Peaches
Thursday - Book Club (possibly fondue?)
Friday - Beef Stew
Saturday - Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad

6 comments:

Kelli said...

We like Rotel Dip as a quickie. :-) Your menu sounds simple and quick - right up my alley

Nichole said...

I have a cold this week, too. I can't help but think apple cake would make me feel better!

Unknown said...

Sorry you're feeling sick! My son is also sick - caught a stomach bug at school and still has the remnants today, so we're both missing school! Hope you perk up soon.

FoodontheTable said...

The soup looks really good. It's probably just what you need to make you feel a little better! It is hard to cook and plan when you're under the weather. Hope things look up.

Martha said...

Ack, I was home sick today too and looks like I'll be home again tomorrow. Hope you are all feeling better soon. Great menu plan :-)

DeclutterLady said...

Hope you feel better - the cake looks fantastic!