What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Do you ever have one of those weeks that you wish the week was over before it even begins? I hate to wish away time, but boy, is this week a busy one for our family. I think we have some kind of evening activity each day, many of which will prevent us from being able to eat at home, and I really don't like eating out. Corey has a cross country dinner, a cross country meet, and homecoming activities on varying nights. I have computer workshops, and Eric has some traveling. Corey also has his first band and math contest of the year - both on Saturday! All of these things are good things, they just make schedules a little hectic.

This weekend we did do our annual apple pie baking fest. Our neighbors were so excited when they realized it was "apple pie day". :) I love when something so little can make people happy.
















Because of the busy schedule, the menu this week will be pretty slim. I did make the best cake in the world for Corey's cross country dinner.














The rest of our meals will either be eating out or relying on some freezer staples. I took a look back to last year at this same time, and it looks like we were busy then as well. :) But, there are some ideas you might get by looking back at that menu. Here is this week's menu. For more menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com. Enjoy and have a great week.

Sunday - Pork Medallions with Cider Sauce (off one day on that one), Day Before Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad
Monday - Cross Country Dinner (made Chocolate Chip Pound Cake)
Tuesday - Cross Country Meet - eat out on way home
Wednesday - Computer workshop - Turkey and Gravy (from freezer), Mashed Potatoes (from freezer), Green Beans, Salad
Thursday - Homecoming Pep Rally - BBQ Beef Sandwiches (from freezer), Corn, Cheesy Mashed Potatoes (from freezer), Salad
Friday - Marching band halftime performance and homecoming - eat out
Saturday - Band contest and math contest - eat out

5 comments:

Beverly said...

The menu looks delicious. Wish I could make apple pies, trid to make homemade pie crust and it is absolutely driving me insand because I can't make one to save my life!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

At least you have all those nummy things prepared in your freezer just for weeks like these!

Sheena and Seanna said...

Sounds like a full week. Hope it all goes well!

Niki Jolene said...

The chocolate pound cakw sounds fab! I will have to give it a whirl soon.

Stop by and see me sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That pie looks so delicious.
I'm finally sitting down to relax after wrapping up a phone interview, cleaning the apartment and mending Kiana's shorts.
I love Law & Order Criminal Intent. Looks like they're having a marathon.
Your menu plan looks amazing.