What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Well, when it rains, it pours, my friends. Many of you who regularly read my blog know that my dad passed away rather unexpectedly in May of stomach cancer. This week, my mom was taken to the ER for a ruptured appendix, and when they got in there, they found a mass growing. Unfortunately, it turns out she has cancer. :( Needless to say, our family is facing its share of challenges. I've been at the hospital with her all week, and will be there with her this week as well. Last Thursday was supposed to be my first day of school with the kids, so this is not how I expected to start my school year. Luckily, I'm blessed with an amazing principal and fabulous colleagues that are so understanding of my situation.

So, as far as my menu goes, I have easy things planned, fully knowing that I probably won't be home to prepare them. We have had to eat out much more than I would like, but that's life right now. Luckily I do have freezer items I can use if I am actually home on an evening.

If you, too, are having a busy week this week, this might be a good menu for you. If my menu isn't helpful to you this week, please check previous menus. I have lots of good stuff there for you. :)

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Brisket with Burgundy Sauce, Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries
Monday - Leftover Brisket on Baked Potatoes, Broccoli, Salad, Peaches
Tuesday - Chili, Salad, Applesauce
Wednesday - Spaghetti Chili, Salad, Strawberries
Thursday - Eat out (know I will have to this evening for sure because of open house at the high school)
Friday - Beef Fajitas, Green Beans, Fruit Salad
Saturday - Apple Butter Glazed Chicken, Broccoli, Salad, Peaches

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

5 comments:

kneadaname said...

I don't have the words to tell you how sorry I am to hear of your mother's diagnosis....please know that your name and hers will be whispered in prayer this week...keep us informed...sending love and hope your way my blog sistah....<3

Niki Jolene said...

Apple butter chicken sounds delish!

This week I am making bbq chicken in the crockpot, but I love all things chicken.

Natanya @ Fete and Feast said...

Given what you're dealing with I think it's amazing that you put a menu plan together AND posted it. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading you for a while now and loving your family-friendly recipes.

Just wanted to take a minute to tell you how sorry I am to learn your mom is ill. I will say a prayer for her health and your strength.

Melanie
junkmel@yahoo.com

Erin Branscom said...

Praying for your Mom! :(