What's for Dinner Menu Plan

After a rough week and a half, I think my life is ready to get back on track a bit. I was able to take my mom home from the hospital on Tuesday, and she's finally getting some energy back. We haven't met with the oncologist yet, but things are looking hopeful. So, I'm finally going to start school. It will be strange coming back a week and half later than the official start date, but I'm anxious to see the kids. I will have to miss some days to go with my mom to doctor appointments, but I'm glad that I have a job where I have the sick days to be able to be helpful to my family in emergency situations.

I'm so glad that I did my freezer stock up a few weeks back. I'm definitely relying on my freezer meals this week as I transition back to work. This time of year is very busy for my husband at work, and he is gone many evenings. My son has cross country practice after school, so that means we usually don't make it back to the house until much later than usual. Meal planning for the Matzat family is essential during the fall. :)

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Lemon Herb Sirloin Steak (freezer), Parmesan Red Potatoes, Broccoli, Salad
Monday - Orange Teriyaki Chicken (freezer), Green Beans, Salad, Peaches
Tuesday - Taco Pasta, Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries
Wednesday - Honey Mustard Oregano Pork Chops (freezer), Broccoli, Salad, Applesauce
Thursday - Leftover Taco Pasta, Green Beans, Salad, Peaches
Friday - Beef Fajitas (freezer), Green Beans, Fruit Salad
Saturday - Cranberry Catalina Chicken (freezer) on noodles, Broccoli, Salad, Peaches

Lunch soup for the week: Chicken, Black Bean, and Salsa Soup

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.  

4 comments:

DeAnna Sheets said...

We have missed you at work. I am making Sloppy Joe's tomorrow and putting some in the freezer and also getting ready to make the breakfast burritos for the freezer. So glad you post all your meals for everyone to use.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try the orange teriyaki chicken! I have a feeling it will be on our next menu plan. Thanks so much for sharing!

dawn said...

my family has made the cranberry catalina chicken for years, except we call it 'purple chicken'. it is great for family reunions or a crowd because the sauce keeps the chicken tender and it doesn't ever get dried out; our recipe calls for a longer cooking time. my sister-in-law served it at her wedding in '04 with the recipe printed on all her napkins. :) i am glad to see someone else not afraid of the 'strange' mix of ingredients.

Culinary Favorites From A to Z said...

Sounds like you are very organized. My family is shrinking (one leaving for university tommorrow.) I'm finding cooking for fewer a challenge.