Crock Pot Mongolian Beef

This is one of the best slow cooker recipes I have ever made. The meat turns out very tender and flavorful. I use my 3 quart slow cooker since the portion size is small.



Ingredients:
1 pound top sirloin steak
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon molasses
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon dried onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 scallions, chopped

Directions:
Slice the meat very thin. Put cornstarch and meat in a zip top bag and shake to coat.

Mix together the remaining ingredients except the scallions and pour into slow cooker.  Add the meat and toss gently.

Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve over white rice and top with scallions (I leave them out if I don't have them on hand).

Makes 4 servings

Recipe Source - Very Culinary


2 comments:

Hilary's Corner said...

hi,
I was wondering if it would make a difference if you used white cooking wine in this instead of regular white wine?

Cynthia Matzat said...

Hilary, I'm sure that would be an acceptable substitute.