What's for Dinner Menu Plan

I'm back from a fabulous vacation! Well, actually I've been back for a week now, but I was too pooped out (a.k.a. lazy) to post last week's menu. We spent 10 days traveling to Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Teton, Glacier, Devils Tower, and Mount Rushmore. Hiking vacations, especially those that involve waterfalls, are my absolute favorite, so I was in heaven on this trip. Here are a couple of family pics, just because I like to share. :) We took over 1500 photos, and I know you aren't that interested in my vacation. ;)



Now that it's close to August, school preparations are starting. I had a technology workshop I had to present at last week, and this week I have leadership team meetings and library prep work. I'm trying to spend a little time each day getting some extra things cooked and stored in the freezer for those busy school evenings when it's hard to get meals on the table. I have lots of extra technology training I'll be doing this year after school (3 out of the 5 weekdays - eek!), so purposeful meal planning will be essential to make sure my family eats well and doesn't live at McDonald's (yuck!). I already have several bowls of turkey and gravy in the freezer, as well a batch of split pea soup for lunches. Today I'm making some chili and a pork roast.

Here's this week's menu. Because our temperatures are continuing to stay well over 100 degrees, I'm trying to use my crockpot and the grill as much as I can. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)


Sunday - In-N-Out Burgers, Foil Pack Potaotes, Corn on the Cob, Peaches, Salad

Monday - Pork Loin Roast (just seasoned with pepper and garlic powder and cooked all day in the slow cooker), Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli, Salad, Peaches

Tuesday - Taco Salad, Peaches

Wednesday - Tuna Noodle Casserole, Green Beans, Salad, Applesauce


Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Steak Pizza (using this crust), Salad, Peaches

Saturday - Grilled Salmon, Cilantro Rice, Green Beans, Salad, Peaches


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com

0 comments: