What's for Dinner Menu Plan - 5 Year Blogiversary!

Last Wednesday was my 5 year "blogiversary" for the What's for Dinner blog! Is it strange that I've been blogging about what I eat for five years? Hopefully my meal plans and recipes have been useful for many of you. They are vital for my family. If I didn't meal plan, my family would eat out or eat junk way too often. Meal plans are definitely a key component of survival for this mom. :)

Today is New Year's Eve, and we woke to a dusting of snow on the ground! It has been so warm this December that it's nice to have it actually feel like winter finally. We don't have any huge plans for the evening. Corey's girlfriend, Hannah, is visiting, and they plan on making some cookies today. We are going to have fun appetizers for dinner, watch movies, play games and ring in the New Year with a sparkling grape juice toast. :) Hopefully Eric and I will be able to stay up that late. ;)

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Eat at Silver Dollar City (had to go see the Christmas lights one more time for Hannah)

Monday - New Year's Eve fun food - Mini pigs-in-blanket (turkey little smokies wrapped in crescent rolls), Mini meatball subs (meatballs cooked in marinara sauce and put on wheat Kings Hawaiian rolls with provolone), Chips and Queso, Orange slices, and whatever cookies the kids make today :)

Tuesday - Tator Tot Surprise (didn't get to it last week - too much leftover ham and beans to eat), Salad, Oranges


Wednesday - Lasagna Rolls (borrowed my brother's pic as I forgot to take on last time I made them), Salad, Garlic Bread, Strawberries

Thursday - Taco Salads, Fruit


Friday - Creamy Chicken Breasts, Rice, Green Beans, Salad


Saturday - Turkey Dinner (Wal Mart had turkeys on sale for 50 cents/pound!)


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM!

Unknown said...

MPM definitely keeps me on track. I actually look forward to Mondays!
This New Year's Eve, I'm staying home, cleaning our house and doing some blog visiting. Hubby had to work so it will be quiet.
Your menu plan looks delicious.
What a beautiful family. And your son and his girlfriend are adorable.
Have a wonderful week and a Happy New Year!