Bean and Bacon Soup

This is as close to Campbells as you can get!




Ingredients:
4 cans Northern beans (15 ounces) - puree two of the cans
1 small can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
6 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
1 cup chopped onion (I puree mine as my son hates "chunks")
12 slices bacon (I use center cut bacon or turkey bacon)

Directions:

In large pot, combine the beans, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and onion over high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in microwave, cook bacon.

Drain bacon and crumble into soup. Simmer for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

The Estrogen Files said...

Mmmmm - I can't wait to give this a TRY!! Thank you for the recipe. Probably more healthy, less sodium and such, too.

Thanks for feeding my baby cravings!

CDMOM said...

This looks so good and easy! I'll have to try it. Thanks for visiting my blog.