Honey Roasted Pork Loin

I decided not to grill tonight, and instead, I made this recipe. It was WONDERFUL!! The meat was tender and juicy and had a fantastic, sweet flavor. I will definitely be making it again.



Ingredients

2 lbs boneless pork loin
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 cup chicken broth

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375.
Season the pork and place in a roasting pan.
In a separate bowl, mix together the honey, juice, oil and thyme.
Pour over the pork.
Add the broth to the pan.
Bake until internal temperature reaches 150 (45-60 minutes).
Baste frequently.
Strain the pan juices into a saucepan.
Reduce until slightly thickened.
Serve over the sliced pork.
(recipe from Mommy Cooks)

6 comments:

debhmom3 said...

I think instead of reading your blog, I'm just going to start showing up for dinner! :) Set an extra plate for me......

Unknown said...

I have to agree,it is a very good,very easy to prepare recipe.I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to read my blog and enjoy the recipes.Have a wonderful evening.
Elizabeth
www.mommychef.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I made this tonight and my family loved LOVED it!! I even did a post about it to share your recipe with others! Thanks for the great food and menu ideas!

Anonymous said...

I started this in the crockpot before I realized it wasn't supposed to be there. Turned out fabulous. Cooked on high for about an hour or two then on low for 3 or 4 & basted during the whole process. Keep an eye on it & wrap in foil when done. Will keep warm for a LONG time. Strain the juices & reduce a little on the stove. Family loved it.

Jerralea said...

This looks really good, and I started to ask if it could be done in the crockpot, but my question was answered for me!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This was so GOOD and SO easy. I didn't even have orange juice, so just skipped it. Couldn't tell - delicious :)