Pudding Cookies

We had a snow day today, so I thought it would be nice to have some cookies and hot chocolate with Corey while we watched the snow come down. I whipped up a batch of pudding cookies - one of my favorites because they are fast, easy, and taste fantastic! Today I made them with vanilla pudding and added in Heath bits. This is a very flexible cookie recipe because you can change the taste of the cookies by using a different flavor of pudding. You can also add things in like chocolate chips, nuts, candy bits, etc. My favorite is plain vanilla. I also really like them made with chocolate pudding. My son likes vanilla with chocolate chips. Anyway, they are a soft, chewy cookie - perfect for snow days with your son.




Ingredients

1 cup butter
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
1 (3 ounce) box instant pudding mix (any flavor)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions

Cream butter and sugar, and then add the egg and instant pudding. Beat well.
Sift together the flour and baking powder and add to wet ingredients. Mix well.
Roll into small balls, flatten with fork on a cold greased tray. (I actually flatten with my hand as the fork sticks too much)

Bake 350°F degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen.

13 comments:

Ter said...

sounds good! I'm going to try this!!

Tiffany said...

I just recently stumbled upon your blog...I don't remember how I got here...but I am glad I did! These cookies look great. I am going to have to try them. I am also trying the pulled pork recipe for this week. Thanks for sharing! I will be subscribing to your feed!

About us... said...

I tried these on our snow day and I am glad I tried them out before making them for company. I made them the size I would for a normal cookie because I was figuring in the baking growth. They really don't grow too much and so, compared to yours, were small. They still tasted so chewy and amazing. I even used fat free jello. I used food coloring which gave them a very festive Valentine touch. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I made these today during our second snow day of the week. I included the health bits and vanilla pudding. They were very moist and tasty, so much so that I couldn't keep from "pudd"ing them in my mouth :)

Deb said...

I think I did something wrong. I used sugar free instant pudding but I only had the small boxes (1oz) so I used 3. When I mixed everything together. It was very dry, like crumbs. But I went ahead & rolled them into balls. When I tryed to smoosh it down with a fork, they fell apart. I cooked them & they taste great but they are not moist like everyone else is describing. What did I miss, What did I do wrong?

Cynthia Matzat said...

Deb, I'm not sure what went wrong with your recipe. I've never had a problem with them. If you do substitute sugar free pudding, you still only use one box even though the weight is different. Maybe that was what caused the problem. I would encourage you to try them again. They really are fantastic cookies.

Deb said...

I will try again. Is it one small box or 1 large box ? They were still good just a little dry.

Cynthia Matzat said...

One small box

Deb said...

I used 1 small box (1oz) & they turned out great !! Thank you so much. Our favorite is cheesecake flavored pudding & white choc. chips YUMMY !!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Deb, I'm glad they turned out well this time. I'm going to have to try your cheesecake/white chip combo. That sounds awesome!

Ter said...

wanted to let you know that I've made these cookies a few times now..! The first time I made them with chocolate only because that's all I had. I like it with vanilla the best and sprinkled with almonds. :) I even mention them in my blog!

kimberdawns said...

I jaut made some and they were really yummy. The first two pans got kind of hard, but I think it has to do with my pans. The next pan was nice and soft and good. Thanks for sharing. I am planning on trying more of your recipes :-)
~Kim

Stefanie said...

So I haven't tried mine yet but had a BLAST cooking them with my 2 year old son. His favorite part was smashing the cookies down on the sheet. It was the perfect treat for a snowy day. We used chocolate pudding and I through in some white chocolate chips since I had some left over from another project. He can't wait for them to cool so we can eat some. (I am secretly anxious as well!)