Menu Plan Monday


Boy, did I do a horrible job with my menu this week. I only managed to do the chicken, manicotti, and meatball sandwiches, and that's only because I cooked all of those things on Sunday and had them ready to go. Thursday's workshop got postponed due to threatening weather, and I ended up getting home too late to cook. Friday I stayed late at school to prepare for my sub for Monday and Tuesday, and my parents came over that night for some computer help, so we ended up just eating mac & cheese out of the box. On Saturday, the boy ended up getting to audition for 8th grade district band (even though he is a 7th grader), and he got 1st chair French Horn! So, we ended up having to go to an unscheduled band concert and got home late, so we ate take-out. This week is another goofy Matzat family week with a full schedule. I am at a library conference, so the boys have to fend for themselves for a couple of days. I will try to do the things I didn't do last week, so sorry for the repeats. We'll try for some new things next week. :) For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Have a great week!

Sunday
Breakfast: Grilled Ham and Cheese
Dinner: Boys eat leftover Comforting Chicken Soup from freezer

Monday
Breakfast: Boys on their own
Dinner: Boys eat out (Band Contest and Boy Scouts - too much going on for one night)

Tuesday
Breakfast: Boys on their own
Dinner: Won Ton Tacos, Corn, Peaches

Wednesday
Breakfast: Cinnamon Struesel Cider Muffins
Dinner: Bourbon Chicken, pea pods, applesauce

Thursday
Breakfast: Sausage Cheese Muffins
Dinner: Linguini with Shrimp Fra Diavolo, Salad

Friday
Breakfast: Breakfast burritos
Dinner: Homemade Pizza

Saturday
Breakfast: Pancakes
Dinner: Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Dijon Cream Sauce, Pasta, Brussels Sprouts

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bourbon chicken looks great. I am always looking for new things to do with chicken.

Have a great week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sounds like a great week. I'm going to have to try those won ton tacos.

Divine Diva In NC said...

Good Looking Menu...Hope this week will let you follow what you have planned.

Unknown said...

Love the wonton taco idea. May have to try that one this week!!!

Connie said...

Your menu looks great!

I love making muffins for the kids breakfasts but will have to come up with something else now that spring is upon us.

Have a wonderful week!

Jena Webber said...

Sounds like your life is crazy like mine--possibly worse. It is great to plan a menu, even if we can't always use it, eh?

A Juggling Mum said...

Great menu, everything sounds so good :) Thanks for the recipes.

The won ton tacos sound yummy!

Have a great week!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

PS - I have a competition running at the moment for a free blog design. If you win you can use it yourself or give it to a friend :)

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

The bourbon chicken and grilled tilapia are something I'm going to put in my "want to try" list! Thanks for the recipes!

Canadian Saver said...

Your menu looks awesome!! I'm going to try the won ton tacos...

Candi said...

Sounds like a tasty week! Thanks for the recipes, too!

Anonymous said...

That shrimp recipe sounds delish! Congrats to your kiddo for making
1st chair! Have a great week!

Sandra said...

Great menu, thank you for sharing :)

The bourbon chicken and the shrimp sound SO good.