Won Ton Tacos

My family loves this different twist on tacos. The original recipe calls for 1 jar of salsa, which I replaced with 8 oz. tomato sauce to reduce the sodium content.




Ingredients

12 won ton wrappers
1 lb lean ground beef (93/7)
1/2 onion, diced
8 oz. no salt added tomato sauce
2 T taco seasoning (homemade recipe)
cooking spray
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
Directions

In a medium skillet brown the meat and add the onion. Drain excess fat. Add the tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Stir well. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.

Push a won ton wrapper into each muffin tin. Spray won tons lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle wrappers evenly with garlic powder and cumin. Add 1 heaping Tablespoon of meat to each won ton. Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Pop tacos out of the muffin tins and serve with cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, etc. (not included in nutrition info)

Serving size = 3 tacos



(recipe source: Mommy Cooks)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Yum Cynthia!
I happened to find your blog. I love using won ton wrappers. I'm going to make these soon! Great idea.
pickypalate

Anonymous said...

This looks delicous. I will have to try them.

craftyantoinette said...

These sound wonderful! I was planning on making chicken tacos tomorrow night, and won ton wrappers are going on my shopping list. Thanks!!!

Annika said...

These look delicious! thanks for sharing the recipe. it is a great idea for little eaters.

Lawgirl said...

Made these tonight! Hope I made enough. :) These look amazing and soooo easy. Can't wait to try them.