Green Beans Almondine

These are very tasty. I used frozen green beans that you steam in the bag and they worked great.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 lbs. Fresh green beans, trimmed
1 tsp. Butter
1/2 tsp. Shallot, minced
1 each Garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup Toasted sliced almonds
3 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
Salt, to taste
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:
Blanch green beans in simmering, lightly salted water for 3 minutes or until slightly tender
yet firm. Remove green beans and immediately submerge in ice water to chill thoroughly.
This step halts the cooking process allowing vegetables to retain their crispness and color.
Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic, sauté until
translucent. Add blanched green beans, almonds and optional bacon. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes while stirring. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Transfer to a warm serving platter or bowl for service.
Yield: 4 - 6 Servings

4 comments:

Shan said...

The menu looks great! I hope everyone is feeling better in your household now.

Kelly N said...

I noticed you have had lots of posts with different versions of green bean recipes lately. Thought I would share one my sister-in-law makes. It is wonderful.

package of frozen green beans with the butter already added, think they are a Green Giant product. She puts them in a skillet and adds brown sugar and garlic salt or you could just used minced garlic as well I guess. The amounts are all to your taste and liking. They are the best beans I have ever had.

Cindi Marie said...

This is one dish I think I would like. The beans look sooo good!

Cynthia, I wanted to let you know, that I have given you the Lovely Blog Award, as I enjoy reading your blog and viewing all the wonderful recipes you have posted.

The award can be viewed at: http://domesticgoddessinthekitchen.blogspot.com/

Cynthia Matzat said...

Thanks, Cindi! I'm glad you enjoy the blog and have found the recipes useful. :)