Menu Plan Monday


Our Christmas break got off to a bit of a rough start. Corey woke up on Christmas Eve with a stomach bug. :( Needless to say, it wasn't a very enjoyable day and we had to miss Christmas Eve service at church, which is always one of my favorite services of the year. On the plus side, he woke up on Christmas day feeling better, so we still got to go visit my family and Eric's family. Now that we are back home, we are looking forward to a week of relaxing together. Eric has to go back to work this week, but Corey and I have one more week off school! Woo hoo! We plan to see a couple of movies, read some books, and just enjoy some time at home. Our menu this week is pretty simple. We're trying to avoid a trip to the grocery store, so we're relying on freezer items and pantry staples. For other menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com. We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
Sunday - Tuna Noodle Casserole, Corn, Orange and Apple Slices
Monday - Mexican Gumbo, Oranges (didn't get to it last week due to illness)
Tuesday - Cheese Manicotti, Salad, Garlic Muffins (from the freezer) (didn't get to it last week due to illness)
Wednesday - Chili (from the freezer), Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Thursday - Homemade pizza, Salad
Friday - Bruschetta 'n Cheese stuffed Chicken breasts (suggested by my sister-in-law, Tanya), Green Beans Almondine
Saturday - BBQ Pork (from the freezer) Baked Potatoes, Salad, Peaches

4 comments:

Mikki said...

Love your blog!! Oh I am so going to add you to my google reader!!
One of my goals this year is to be organizing my cooking more and I can't wait to come back here and try out some of your recipes.

Happy Cooking :-)

Anonymous said...

Delicious looking menu. I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Great menu! Have a Happy New Year!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com

Anonymous said...

I love your comforting chicken soup! It is delicious winter food. Warms you up on a cold day.