Menu Plan Monday


Last week was a bit hectic for our family (which is not unusual), but on top of it all, I managed to catch a cold. I'm such a wimp about being sick. Anyway, this week shouldn't be too bad. Corey has a band concert on Tuesday, and Friday is our last of school before Christmas break. Woo hoo! They are predicting bad weather for this week. It's 60 degrees out right now, but supposedly the temperatures are supposed to drastically drop tonight, and we are under a winter weather advisory for sleet, freezing rain, and snow. They are forecasting this kind of weather all week, so we'll have to see what happens. I don't really want the weather to be bad enough that we would miss school, but there's always that part of you that can't help but root for the snow day. :)
I did a pretty good job with last week's menu (the only meal I didn't get to was the shrimp). The pork medallions were unbelievably good. They will definitely make it into the rotation. This week I have a couple of new recipes as well, so I will get photos up as soon as I make the meals. Here's this week's menu. For more menu ideas, see orgjunkie.com.
Sunday - Pot Roast, Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad
Monday - Bourbon chicken, Rice, Pea Pods
Tuesday - Eat out (band concert)
Wednesday - Herbed Chicken in Pastry, Brussels Sprouts, Peaches
Thursday - Pork Chops with Cranberry Balsamic Sauce, Rice, Broccoli
Friday - Beef Porcupine Balls, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Saturday - Eat at book club

4 comments:

Connie said...

Looks like a great week! I hope you get over your cold soon!

Emmett McCarty Cullen said...

Yum! Your menu sounds great! I will have to try that bouron chicken recipe!

Have a great week!

Michelle said...

the Bourbon Chicken and the Pork Chops both look totally yummy!! Great menu.

Maggii said...

I made your Herbed Chicken in Pastry tonight....it was very good! I diced the chicken before wrapping it in the pastry to make it easier to eat.Thanks for sharing the recipe!